Google Health and War for the EMR

Via mobihealthnews.com Some news from Google Health and their addition of a few payors to their Google Health platform. It's interesting to see that evolve and clearly Microsoft and their HealthVault provides competition because they announced their new MSN health portal, which is a clear consumer play not previously seen by MSFT who was largely going out to health systems and insurers as the access point to consumers. I wrote about this previously here.

They either want to do both and they see the increasing role of the consumer and the Health 2.0 movement. Or they are just following Google in. Either way it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Here is a true story that really underscores the importance of this evolution for me. I changed doctor's in December 2008. My new doctor requested MY medical transcripts at the time of the switch. I received confirmation of the transfer and a bill for $20 for the privilege of moving MY information to my new doctor in September 2009. Yes, you read that correctly, I received confirmation of this transfer a full 10 months later. UNBELIEVABLE.


I previously posted on HelloHealth here.


| www.jlefevere.com | www.theinteractivemarketer.com |

If you liked this post consider adding a comment or subscribing to the feed for frequent updates.



  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments: