Health + technology = Wild, Wild West

Check out my guest blog post on mobihealthnews.com. If you haven't checked out their site yet, I recommend that you do. I am impressed by what they have accomplished in a very short time frame.

“Pioneers get the arrows,” as the saying goes. I much prefer: “Pioneers get arrows in their back.” Being early in a market is great — if the market is ready for you.

I have been in and around Internet and healthcare for nearly 15 years. I almost regret to say that that for many reasons, but mostly because I have been waiting that long for technology to revolutionize healthcare. That is a decade long trend in the making. I don’t think there has been much transformation other than a lot of VC money has been burned and consumers and HCPs are now both online. If you go back to the start of the millennium when the “Year 2000″ was the issue du jour, consumers and “silver surfers” were online then too and health information was at the top of the list for why they came online. The same is true today except the “silver surfers” are now the fastest growing segment on Facebook.

Check it out here.

| www.jlefevere.com |


If you liked this post consider adding a comment or subscribing to the feed for frequent updates.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments: