Follow Me: The Explosion of Twitter

So everybody and their brother is joining Twitter these days. Literally, myself and my brother (@goodgrape) included. I have only been on for a few months. I have tried to explain to the people who say, "I don't get it" that they just have to try it. It of course helps if they understand social media first, but to me Twitter is as close as you can come to a virtual font of knowledge. Some of it is mundane, some profane, but a lot of it is very, very useful. I can't tell you how many new thoughts, perspectives and insights I have been exposed to since I joined. I recommend it regardless of active or not you choose to be. That's on a personal level. If you are a marketer how can you afford not to monitor what is being said or not said about your product? These days what is not being said is almost of equal importance as what is said. I don't think more people have clued into that insight quite yet.

For me, it comes down to this: If you could put yourself in a room of very smart people of your choosing for a free flowing, free wheeling conversation for anywhere from 1 minute to as long as you would like to listen, learn and go about your day, would you do it? If you answer yes join Twitter. If you answer no? Keep doing what you're doing. If you're a marketer, brush off the resume.

I like Sandeep's perspective.



| www.jlefevere.com |


If you liked this post consider adding a comment or subscribing to the feed for frequent updates.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments: