Reverse Hockey Stick

I do not pretend to know much about the market. However, I can say that I started following the market closely in 1998 when the tech bubble was bubbling. I was able to turn $1,000 into $500 pretty quickly.

Since then, I'd say I've paid attention. What scares me most right now is the fact that there are very few, if any, people out there that have seen this level of volatility. Black Monday in 1987 represented an approximate 20% drop in one day, but so far we're looking a near 40% clip so far with no real end in sight. Just a wee bit scary.

I'm not trying to time the market but I see continued volatility through the election and the Dow will go below 8,000 before it settles in for a long slow march back.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments: