Blogging

Interesting piece of research from eMarketer about the demographics for bloggers. A little surprising to me in that the numbers skew higher than I would have thought intuitively, but since I am squarely in the Gen X demo and have a blog I guess it's not so much of a reach.


There is an interesting point about word of mouth. I haven't seen a wide spread adoption of health care organizations reaching out and embracing bloggers POV, but they should. As the saying goes, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Organizations regardless of the industry should develop a strategy whether it's being proactive, passive or blind ignorance. And at a bare minimum monitor blogs to see what they are saying about you.

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments: