What Next?

In a sign that the apocalypse may be upon us, Grand Marnier is launching a user driven ad campaign. This is either extremely ingenious as they try to skew younger or someone got the green light on a "me too" ill conceived effort to get younger. I am not quite sure yet, but given that I fit squarely in the demo that they are trying to target, I am going to speculate that that they may be missing the mark.

Liquor is affected by trends (Red Bull and Grey Goose anyone?) and while I don't have quantitative data, I would argue that Gen X and Gen Y is largely a beer and wine crowd. I did try Bud Light Lime recently and enjoyed it, although I don't know that it will persuade me from a Corona given the choice.

Speaking of beer and wine, check out GoodGrape.com for in-depth and insightful wine industry coverage.




  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments: