MBA No Longer = BMW

Following up on a previous post about the shifting models of work and how people work, this article sums up my belief on the pursuit of the advanced degree. While I wish I would have done this much younger in my career before marriage and kids get the best of my free time, I also think there is definite validity to the notion that the MBA simply is not what it was worth years ago or a requirement for advancement in organizations.

In the information economy, simply put, possessing knowledge is critical. Do I need to go sit through two years of evenings and weekends to get that information? I think not. Going forward, I think if a person feels particularly deficient in an area that they need to round out all they have to do is dedicate to time towards learning. I am a big proponent in the growth of Executive Education courses, which gives you the access, information and satisfaction in less time and commitment, which for me is what it is all about and likely where it will be in the future.

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments: